Luis Sánchez Martín
Departamento de Química Orgánica
Facultad de Ciencias Químicas
Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Av/ Complutense s/n
28040 Madrid, España
Telf.: +34 913945141
Luis Sánchez was born in 1970 in Toledo (Spain) and is Full Professor of Organic Chemistry at the University Complutense of Madrid (UCM), Spain. He received his Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry at the University Complutense of Madrid in 1997 under the supervision of Prof. Carlos Seoane and Nazario Martín, where he carried out the synthesis and studied the properties of C60–donor dyads and triads. From 1999 to 2000 he worked as a postdoctoral researcher with Professor Jan C. (Kees) Hummelen (University of Groningen, The Netherlands) on the synthesis of supramolecular architectures based on C60 and their application in the preparation of organic solar cells. In 2002, he was appointed as an associate professor at UCM and he has been promoted to Full Professor in October, 2017. He is currently the director of the research group “Amphiphilic molecules and supramolecular polymers” at the Organic Department. He is currently co-author of around 100 publications and was awarded with the Prize to Novel Researchers of the RSEQ in 2003. He has directed and co-directed six Doctoral Theses, two of which have been awarded as the best Theses in Chemistry at the Community of Madrid (2009 and 2013).
Relevant publications in the last five years:
- E. E. Greciano, J. Calbo, J. Buendía, J. Cerdá, J. Aragó, E. Ortí, L. Sánchez; “Decoding the Consequences of Increasing the Size of Self-Assembling Tricarboxamides on Chiral Amplification”; J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2019, 141, 7463 (Portada de Revista).
- J. S. Valera, R. Gómez, L. Sánchez; “Kinetic traps to activate stereomutation in supramolecular polymers”; Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2019, 58, 510.
- E. E. Greciano, B. Matarranz, L. Sánchez; “Pathway complexity versus hierarchical self-assembly in N-annulated perylenes. Structural effects in seeded supramolecular polymerization”; Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2018, 57, 4697.
- J. Buendía, J. Calbo, E. Ortí, L. Sánchez; “Flexible chirality in self-assembled N-annulated perylenedicarboxamides”; Small, 2017, 13, 1603880 (Portada de Revista).
- E. E. Greciano, L. Sánchez; “Seeded Supramolecular Polymerization in a Three-Domain Self-Assembly of an N-Annulated Perylenetetracarboxamide”; Chem. Eur. J. 2016, 22, 13724.