Andrés Guerrero Martínez
Departamento de Química Física
Facultad de Ciencias Químicas
Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Av/ Complutense s/n
28040 Madrid, España
Telf.: +34 913944274
Fax: +34 913944135
The development of nanoplasmonics has been tremendous during the past two decades, driven in part by the improvements in colloidal synthesis of nanocrystals and manipulation of nanoparticle surface functionalities. This has granted access not only to exquisite control over the morphology of nanoparticles but also to novel multiparticle nanostructures with a variety of organizational motifs. We are interested in the synthesis of plasmonic nanomaterials and the study of their corresponding properties and correlations with molecular concepts that have been around for a long time. Additional thinking along these lines may lead to further expansion of nanoplasmonics and to multiple surprising discoveries in this field. We pursue molecular mimetic approaches to proceed form plasmonic atoms and molecules to plasmonic polymers and supercrystals with tailored optical properties and directionality.
Relevant publications in the last five years:
- G. González-Rubio, V. Kumar, P. Llombart, P. Díaz-Núñez, E. Bladt, T. Altantzis, S. Bals, O. Peña-Rodríguez, E. G. Noya, L. G. MacDowell, A. Guerrero-Martínez, L. M. Liz-Marzán; "Disconnecting Symmetry Breaking from Seeded Growth for the Reproducible Synthesis of High Quality Gold Nanorods"; ACS Nano, 2019, 13, 4424.
- J. Paulo Coelho, J. Osío Barcina, E. Junquera, E. Aicart, G. Tardajos, S. Gómez-Graña, P. Cruz-Gil, C. Salgado, P. Díaz-Núñez, O. Peña-Rodríguez, A. Guerrero-Martínez; "Supramolecular Control over the Interparticle Distance in Gold Nanoparticle Arrays by Cyclodextrin Polyrotaxanes"; Nanomaterials, 2018, 8, 168.
- G. González-Rubio, P. Díaz-Núñez, A. Rivera, A. Prada, G. Tardajos;, J. González-Izquierdo, L. Bañares, P. Llombart, L. G. Macdowell, M. A. Palafox, L. M. Liz-Marzán, O. Peña-Rodríguez, A. Guerrero-Martínez; “Femtosecond laser reshaping yields gold nanorods with ultranarrow surface plasmon resonances”; Science, 2017, 358, 640.
- C. Fernández, G. González-Rubio, L. Langer, G. Tardajos, L. M. Liz-Marzán, R. Giraldo, A. Guerrero-Martínez; "Nucleation of Amyloid Oligomers by RepA-WH1-Prionoid-Functionalized Gold Nanorods"; Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 11237.
- G. González-Rubio, J. González-Izquierdo, L. Bañares, G. Tardajos, A. Rivera, T. Altantzis, S. Bals, O. Peña-Rodríguez, A. Guerrero-Martínez, L. M. Liz-Marzán; "Femtosecond Laser-Controlled Tip-to-Tip Assembly and Welding of Gold Nanorods"; Nano Lett. 2015, 15, 8282.